Wednesday, April 16, 2014

4 dead, dozens of students missing as S. Korean ferry sinks | KING5.com Seattle

 Something like this hits close to home here in Washington where many of us ride a ferry from one of the many Washington State islands at least once a week, some of us daily.

My prayers go out to everyone who is missing family members from the ferry and of course those who have been rescued but may be injured.  It is strange to me however that divers have already been aboard the sunken ferry but as of yet haven't even found bodies of anyone who is missing.

I have rode aboard ferry's in this area of the world, and though South Korea is closer to US standards when it comes to safety I have seen ships there with so many passengers that I would wonder if the officials truly know how many people where aboard the ferry.

The sad thing here is however I"m sure the school would know for sure how many students are missing, and I am afraid that time is running out even for those missing who may have found an air pocket somewhere in the hull of the ships, mainly because of the cold, although there is still time to find them.  I am also hopeful that some of the students who have been rescued may have been taken ashore somewhere where official counting is not happening and they may turn up soon.









4 dead, dozens of students missing as S. Korean ferry sinks | KING5.com Seattle

No comments:

Post a Comment