Friday, April 18, 2014

Magnitude-7.5 earthquake shakes Mexican capital - 10News.com KGTV ABC10 San Diego

I pray that no one was hurt in this earthquake especially in Acapulco, I have been there and the resort section that all the tourist see looks like it will hold up to the major earthquake, however the section of the city that most tourist don't see are probably up to code, at least most of them didn't when I was there in the early 1980's, things could have been upgraded and I hope they where because they are very wonderful people living there.



I was there on board the aircraft carrier USS Constellation, CV-64 and we do in most port visits in the navy we don't hang around the tourist area but strike out to see what we can find in the rest of the city. I and a friend ended up in the hill's where that "shanty" homes are and met some of the most wonderful people, they where so nice and treated us like guests, which was cool since we found very few people that spoke English.







Magnitude-7.5 earthquake shakes Mexican capital - 10News.com KGTV ABC10 San Diego

No comments:

Post a Comment