Friday, January 10, 2014

Fracking and Earthquakes

 I have mentioned many times in my blog that one of my hobbies is just basically surfing all the news channels with in the United States and read the different news around the country. Nine times out of ten what I find is normally amusing, sometimes I find things that are serious and of course anything dealing with Alcohol and Drug Abuse and the treatment of our veterans I read and take seriously.

Now this story which is from a station in Cape Girardeau, Missouri I found both amusing and serious.  In case you don't know what fracking is, it is injecting a gas into the earth to force oil and natural gas out of the earth so that it can be collected, now this is a new technology and it allows oil companies to now retrieve crude oil and natural gas that just a few years ago was considered irretrievable.

So here is what there concern in and this is why I find it somewhat amusing, but serious because the people in this area take it serious, and that is the fear that fracking cause's earthquakes. People have become concerned because in West Texas where some of the first fracking began there was a swarm of earthquakes most in the 1.0 range but a few reaching into the 3.0's.

I find this amusing because of the fact that I have lived in California for over 30 years and am used to earthquakes, the strongest was a 7.2 and guess what I and everyone living in California survived and those people in Missouri will survive as well if they experience a 3.2 earthquake, I promise you that .

Here is what I feel, I think you should go ahead and have your discussion but don't miss out on the money that fracking can bring to your economy especially with the state of the economy in this country, although I don't blame you because the New Madrid runs through your state, but all will be OK. 

 



Johnson Co. Board Meets Monday Jan. 13 To Discuss Fracking | WSILTV | Local News

No comments:

Post a Comment