Monday, January 6, 2014

10News - Jury selection continues in trial of Keith Barton; La Mesa man accused of posing as doctor - 10News.com - News

 This man needs to be prosecuted for murder, the charges he is facing is minor and he caused the death of a child. I'm sure that I will see people on here comment that you can't get him for murder because the child who died had HIV, and that may be true however as everyone should know, today people can live to old age and have a good quality of life when they receive proper treatment for HIV.

Just the fact that today like I said above, people HIV positive who are treated with the proper drugs can live a normal life never contracting AIDS and a prime example of that is basketball star Ervin "Magic" Johnson who is now 54 years old.

The main reason I believe this person should face murder charges (even if the child had been diagnosed with full blown AIDS and given a limited time to live) is that no matter what he shortened the child's life even if he/she had been dieing. I think there is something so wrong with the justice system if he is not charged and prosecuted for murder.

I am so upset by this situation I would personally if on the jury would give this man the death penalty which I know would be hard for the court to sentence him with death, because it would have to be proven that he set out to kill the child purposely, but here is my take, he did know he wasn't a doctor and that his "treatment" was not the proper treatment and he took the child away from his/her family who are also sick. I'm sorry I know I am rambling but this is the most upset I've been from a news report since the gassing of children in Syria.



10News - Jury selection continues in trial of Keith Barton; La Mesa man accused of posing as doctor - 10News.com - News

No comments:

Post a Comment