Friday, January 10, 2014

10News - Police: SDG&E truck involved in fatal hit-and-run in El Cajon - 10News.com - News

As many of you know who may read my blog, I am a Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselor Intern, my desire is to help others who suffer from substance abuse problems, and because of this when I am scanning the news and just reading about the current events any news report that may be alcohol or drug abuse related I tend to comment about.

Something I have noticed in the last few months because of this is the constant report of Alcohol related traffic accidents, not just in the San Diego area but all over the United States. For example here in San Diego I have come to realize there is at least one report in the local news about a traffic accident that is caused by a driver under the influence of alcohol or some other substance.

Now I read the news from all over the nation and the way I do this is I will go to Wikipedia and look up the list of television stations for a particular state, say for example Mississippi then I will spend the morning or evening with a cup a coffee and just read, other times it may be newspapers on line, so this is a trend that I have noticed occurring nation wide, and it is happening more and more. Sometimes it may be two or three news reports a week and way to often it includes a death.

So I just wanted to tell you why sometimes you will see me comment on such stories from around the country, for example this report today about the SDG&E truck, it doesn't say anywhere in the story that it is alcohol or drug related so I am speculating on that, but honestly it's the only thing that makes sense to me.

So here is the story about the SDG&E truck, by the way that is San Diego Gas and Electric.

Whoa boy how stupid can you get, hit and run in a company truck and I hate to say it because this guy works for SDG&E he has to have a valid drivers license and to drive their truck he has to have a good driving record there can only two reasons this guy hit the man and ran. The first is he just didn't see the guy and didn't realize he hit someone or something, the other is he was under the influence of alcohol and drugs. I know that these utility trucks are pretty heavy but I can't imagine running someone over and not knowing it, unless the guy was already laying on the street but still afterwards the driver should have have seen blood on the vehicle. I pray that they will be able to identify the victim and notify his family and in saying this I want to pass my prayers to this persons family.

  




10News - Police: SDG&E truck involved in fatal hit-and-run in El Cajon - 10News.com - News

No comments:

Post a Comment