Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 It Is Here

Well ladies and gentlemen, we have made it once again to another year and believe me in this day and age whether you where born on Jan 01, 2013 that is an accomplishment to have made it to Jan 01, 2014 and for a youngster like me who was born way back to 1966 who is getting a month closer to making it to 48 I think I am doing quite well.

I look back into my past and remember the ghosts of New Years Past, my first being Jan 01, 1967 not that I actually remember that year but I do know many people of my fathers age group where serving overseas in the United States newest war in Vietnam, that after the generations before them served in the war to end all wars, World War II and Korea and here where our young men and women in this out of the way country that  few remembered  hearing about before they where shipped out.

Of course today the constant rotating war machine hasn't stopped and we've lost service members in Lebanon, Panama, Grenada, Iraq, Kuwait, and Afghanistan. Another odd thing is every new year every President, King, Queen, Prime Minister and dictator have placed their wish for world peace as New Years wish to the voting (or oppressed) public.

So what am I looking for in 2014? Well let me see as some of you may have seen in a past rambling post about my son, so of course I want my son with me, also sticking with family I must say though I don't mention her very often because of her chronic shyness. My best friend is such a wonderful lady, her name is Sandi and we have known each other since 1998 and married since January 22, 2000 so here we are going on our 14th year.

It's funny people think hey you and Sandi had a really good dating period, 2 years of dating before you married, ah but they don't know what was really behind that, my poor memory, believe me I wanted to marry my soul mate two year earlier but see us waiting until 2000 I (We) will never forget what anniversary it is. It's easy math since we married Jan 22, 2000 this year 2014 will be our 14th wedding anniversary. Pretty smart right (although I think she is the one who needs reminding (joking)).

What I want is peace, I want peace in my family, in my home and in my country, in my world. The problem is I don't see it in my life time and I hate to say probably not in my son's because of the plan for so many to wage terror on the innocent's who have nothing to do with government but to vote for the people sitting in office.

Well good luck people the new year has started and it looks like it is going to be a great on this new year, just be careful but don't hide from the thug Terrorists

No comments:

Post a Comment