Wednesday, January 1, 2014

10News - Beloved 'Fresh Prince' star James Avery dies at 65; played character Uncle Phil on hit 1990s sitcom - Story

 So very Sad, he was a great actor and a great person. My prayers go out too all his family and friends. I know it has to be hard for everyone who worked with him on the set of Fresh Prince and at such a young age. Sad that such a great person is gone.

I was already out of my parents home and in the US Navy when this show was running new, and I wish there where show out there like Fresh Prince today. Instead our options for our children is 16 and pregnant and other show glamorizing alcohol, drugs and teenage sex. It wasn't necessarily as "wholesome' as the Walton's or Little House On The Prairie but it is a show I wouldn't be afraid to let my 7 year old son watch today at a time where I have a hard time with some of the "children's" cartoons the put on the air today.



10News - Beloved 'Fresh Prince' star James Avery dies at 65; played character Uncle Phil on hit 1990s sitcom - Story

No comments:

Post a Comment