Monday, January 6, 2014

10News - Longtime San Diego Padres radio announcer Jerry Coleman dies - Sports Story

Jerry for sure is up there "hanging the stars". I feel as if I have lost a part of my childhood. I never got to see him play because he retired from the ball game before I retired, but I was 6 when he began broadcasting and if me and my uncle where not at the game we where sitting outside listing his play by play and I tell you he set the standard. I remember his year as manager, sorry to say it was a disaster with San Diego in last place in the division (73 W 89 L) but me and my uncle stood by the Padres. To Jerry's family I send my prayers and tell them he is a great part of my childhood memories!




10News - Longtime San Diego Padres radio announcer Jerry Coleman dies - Sports Story

No comments:

Post a Comment